Several new features have been added to the board, check the Announcements for more details!

Upgrade to newest version.

Find all the latest forum news here.

Topic Author
Cpt. Blackbeard
Site Owner
Site Owner
Tech Knowledge: Intermidiate

Upgrade to newest version.

Postby Cpt. Blackbeard » 16 Dec 2014, 15:00

I am almost ready to start the upgrade to 3.1.2, I may do it yet today but first a few notes.
phpbb.com is currently down and may be for several days. Until they return we will have only the default style it comes with. Prosilver is very serviceable, it is just not as attractive as some others. Also, even after they return the choices are limited, should we consider getting a custom style or just use the best they have and wait to see what new ones are released later?
3.1 uses extensions, not mods, and there are very few to choose from ATM. The forum runs very well as it comes so we are better off with a basic clean board than a modded buggy one, just note requests for new features may not be an option until the extension authors create some content.
Thank You.

AVenger
Board Moderators
Board Moderators
Tech Knowledge: Advanced

Re: Upgrade to newest version.

Postby AVenger » 16 Dec 2014, 15:47

[quote="Cpt. Blackbeard"]I am almost ready to start the upgrade to 3.1.2, I may do it yet today but first a few notes.
phpbb.com is currently down and may be for several days. Until they return we will have only the default style it comes with. Prosilver is very serviceable, it is just not as attractive as some others. Also, even after they return the choices are limited, should we consider getting a custom style or just use the best they have and wait to see what new ones are released later?
3.1 uses extensions, not mods, and there are very few to choose from ATM. The forum runs very well as it comes so we are better off with a basic clean board than a modded buggy one, just note requests for new features may not be an option until the extension authors create some content.
Thank You.[/quote]

Sounds good, Blackbeard. I look forward to seeing the new forum.

As for the styles, I would say let's try the one they provide first before getting a custom made one. That will most likely cost money and take longer to get going.

Great job!

Topic Author
Cpt. Blackbeard
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Cpt. Blackbeard » 16 Dec 2014, 15:56

Prosilver SE is a nice style, we will install it when possible as our default, much more attractive style IMHO. There is no Black Pearl style for 3.1 so I will find an alternative I like.

Topic Author
Cpt. Blackbeard
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Cpt. Blackbeard » 16 Dec 2014, 18:27

Upgrade partially successful, now we need phpbb.com to get back online so I can finish it.

AVenger
Board Moderators
Board Moderators

Postby AVenger » 16 Dec 2014, 21:18

Do the BBCodes work now? It seems as though the quotes are still not working right.

Topic Author
Cpt. Blackbeard
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Cpt. Blackbeard » 16 Dec 2014, 21:27

Nope, that is what I'm still working on. ACP is much cleander now though, not an error to be found there.

Topic Author
Cpt. Blackbeard
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Cpt. Blackbeard » 16 Dec 2014, 22:36

Cpt. Blackbeard wrote:Nope, that is what I'm still working on. ACP is much cleander now though, not an error to be found there.

Update, Quotes are now working. ACP is working with no errors, if you find anything else please let me know. I suspect the mail may still not work, will look into that next.

Topic Author
Cpt. Blackbeard
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Cpt. Blackbeard » 16 Dec 2014, 23:35

Everything appears to working smoothly now and the site has been returned to the original tech-squad.org address. Once we get the new styles we are back in high gear and ready for all.

AVenger
Board Moderators
Board Moderators

Postby AVenger » 17 Dec 2014, 06:35

Awesome job, guys!! The forum is looking great so far!

fords8
Premium
Premium
Tech Knowledge: Expert

Postby fords8 » 17 Dec 2014, 09:57

Nice work!
Coming Soon

Topic Author
Cpt. Blackbeard
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Cpt. Blackbeard » 17 Dec 2014, 13:04

Thank you. It took a lot more work than I expected but well worth the effort. I was able to add a couple of style choices as well, more will be added later and we;ll pick one as the default but you will be able to choose your own in the preferences.

Topic Author
Cpt. Blackbeard
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Cpt. Blackbeard » 22 Dec 2014, 20:50

Latest Announcement from phpBB.com about the downtime:
We have concluded our investigation and are actively working on bringing services back online.

We verified the integrity of all data on the machines, which took a considerable amount of work and time. The backend infrastructure has likewise been improved so things should be running better than ever.

Apologies for the long downtime. We expect this to be completed within 24-48 hours.

Great to hear, you never miss it till it's gone is oh so true. Now the search for styles can begin.

Return to “Announcements”