Several new features have been added to the board, check the Announcements for more details!

Consolidate Your Notifications and Alerts...

Check here for the latests news, or posts what you've learned.

Topic Author
AVenger
Board Moderators
Board Moderators
Tech Knowledge: Advanced

Consolidate Your Notifications and Alerts...

Postby AVenger » 13 Jan 2012, 18:49

-------------------------------------------------

Consolidate Your Notifications and Alerts with a Single System for Better Awareness with Less Stress, Windows Edition

Growl for Windows is a clone of the popular Mac notification app. It integrates with the other programs on your system and sends notifications on their behalf. You can customize where notifications appear, which ones make sounds, what sounds they make, and even push notifications from your computer to your phone. It's lightweight, stays in the background, and can be as loud and detailed or as silent and out-of-the-way as you want.

Read this article on LifeHacker. This program is actually really nice, especially if you use Skype and Skype with Facebook and it notifies you of Facebook posts too. I just set it up the other day. It's pretty nifty. It also has an iTunes plugin to show you what is currently playing, which is something I've been looking for for a long time.

This is my first post here in the News section. I will continue to post new articles as they come through for you guys. Also I'm going to begin creating tutorials (video and text) on Photoshop and other things.

Cpt. Blackbeard
Site Owner
Site Owner
Tech Knowledge: Intermidiate

Re: Consolidate Your Notifications and Alerts...

Postby Cpt. Blackbeard » 13 Jan 2012, 22:59

Very nice AVenger, thank you for posting it.

Return to “Tech News”