Several new features have been added to the board, check the Announcements for more details!

Hello!

Introduce yourself to the community!

Topic Author
MrKomputerKid
Level 1
Level 1
Tech Knowledge: Expert

Hello!

Postby MrKomputerKid » 06 Feb 2015, 11:53

Please refer to this post if you think I'm that kid from the UK.

My name is MrKomputerKid, but I am commonly known as KomputerKid on the internet. I use Arch Linux as my primary operating system, and currently I use the XFCE desktop, however I plan to switch to the minimalistic i3 tiling WM in the near future. I got my first PC when I "graduated" middle school. I have since gone through 5 other computers, and currently own a google chromebook, and a dell laptop, and a raspberry pi. I also, at points have owned an ASUS Transformerbook, which had windows on it, and a compaq laptop which ran Arch Linux, and Windows prior to that.

I have tinkered with Computers for a long time. Despite being born in the late 90s, my first computer was a compaq PC that my dad owned, that ran MS-DOS. He also had a work computer that ran Windows 95 or Windows NT Workstation 4.0 (Can't remember which one), and that was "off limits". My dad had a large collection of floppies, such as an OLD version of AutoCAD, a Pacman floppy, Tetris, and a series of floppies that installed Windows 3.1. In 2000 we got a new family computer, that ran Windows ME. That computer crashed, and a year later we upgraded to Windows XP. Then after 6 years of that computer, it crashed, and we got a mac. Nowadays we mostly use Mac OS X and Linux at home. There are no Windows PCs in the house, except when we have family come to visit.

If you have any other questions or comments, please let me know.

Cpt. Blackbeard
Site Owner
Site Owner
Tech Knowledge: Intermidiate

Re: Hello!

Postby Cpt. Blackbeard » 06 Feb 2015, 13:43

Welcome to Techsquad! Sounds like you have a pretty good background already, look forward to your insights here.

AVenger
Board Moderators
Board Moderators
Tech Knowledge: Advanced

Postby AVenger » 09 Feb 2015, 09:36

Welcome to the forums, MrKomputerKid. Looks like you know a lot about operating systems and Linux/Mac. I'm more of a Windows guy myself.

Are you in high school/college/graduate?

Simba
Administrator
Administrator
Tech Knowledge: Intermidiate

Postby Simba » 09 Feb 2015, 15:46

Hello MrKomputerKid, nice to have you on Tech-Squad, I hope you enjoy your time with us :)
Simba - Tech-Squad Administrator
Please join my rollercoaster forum http://coasterzone.co.uk

Return to “Introductions”