Several new features have been added to the board, check the Announcements for more details!

Sprint Travel Charger Plus

Discuss all different Devices in this forum.

Topic Author
bitrun
Level 2
Level 2

Sprint Travel Charger Plus

Postby bitrun » 20 Mar 2011, 07:43

This is a very neat charger, read what this user says about it:

This is a wall charger with a built-in 1000 mah battery. You plug it into a standard outlet via the folding wall plug and let it sit until it's full. When charged, it's a portable battery boost for your cell phone so that you can partially charge your phone without needing a power port. 1000mah probably won't give you a full charge, but it will give you quite a bit. It comes with cables for microUSB, miniUSB, and Palm devices. It works (when it doesn't break).

That's the good news. The bad news:

It's not just made of cheap plastic, but flimsy, cheap plastic. The construction is also shoddy. It literally feels like you can twist the thing apart with minimal force. There's so much play in the wall plug that it doesn't seat firmly in the outlet so you can't tell if it's charging or not (see below). After two weeks, mine stopped charging when plugged in, which tells me that the wiggling of the wall plug eventually broken a solder joint inside.

So overall, there is obviously flaws in this, but the technology is amazing, and hopefully they'll develop it more to make an potentially awesome charger. The thing that really attracted me to this, wasn't exactly in the review.. It was the interchangeable extensions to it. With the proper extension, I could charge my iPod, my phone, or my friends phone..

shovenose
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Tech Knowledge: Expert

Re: Sprint Travel Charger Plus

Postby shovenose » 20 Mar 2011, 12:27

neat idea. Any word on the pricing?

THCAndy
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Sprint Travel Charger Plus

Postby THCAndy » 22 Mar 2011, 17:21

I'm pretty sure it's like $50.
My friend has one, they're pretty innovative.
The world needs more universal chargers.

Return to “Devices Discussion”