Several new features have been added to the board, check the Announcements for more details!

phpBB 3.1 vs MyBB 1.8.3

Discuss all the different aspects of the internet in this forum.

phpBB 3.1 VS MyBB 1.8

phpBB
100%
MyBB
No votes

Total votes: 3

Topic Author
Simba
Administrator
Administrator
Tech Knowledge: Intermidiate

phpBB 3.1 vs MyBB 1.8.3

Postby Simba » 17 Dec 2014, 02:07

Due to the big changes on the phpBB forum system with 3.1, with extensions, mobile (responsive style) I felt the need to make a new poll to see which one of these two free open source forum system.

MyBB's latest version is 1.8.3, still utilise the plugin system, and has a built in reputation system.

Personally I have always preferred the phpBB interface over the MyBB interface, I am really happy with the amount of changes phpBB have done with the update from 3.0.X to 3.1.X, as it makes it easier to install new features.
Simba - Tech-Squad Administrator
Please join my rollercoaster forum http://coasterzone.co.uk

AVenger
Board Moderators
Board Moderators
Tech Knowledge: Advanced

Re: phpBB 3.1 vs MyBB 1.8.3

Postby AVenger » 17 Dec 2014, 06:37

I voted for phpBB because that's what are gave right now. It seems to be fixed and working so as I can tell. I don't see why we would need to move again now.

Topic Author
Simba
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Simba » 17 Dec 2014, 07:49

AVenger wrote:I voted for phpBB because that's what are gave right now. It seems to be fixed and working so as I can tell. I don't see why we would need to move again now.

AVenger, This is a poll regarding the two different types as a whole topic of discussion, Tech-Squad is going to remain on phpBB as it is the forum software that me and Cpt. Blackbeared feel comfortable with using.

Cpt. Blackbeard
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Cpt. Blackbeard » 17 Dec 2014, 13:34

I've installed and used most of the different software including the free demos for VBulletin and Xenforo and I far prefer phpbb. The complaint from most people is that it's to hard to upgrade, modify and they get confused by the permissions. But the permissions are really easy once you understand them and the rest has been made much easier with the release of 3.1.X, for my money there simply is no better forum software, paid or free.

Topic Author
Simba
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Simba » 18 Dec 2014, 15:30

Yeah, I've tried other software as well, including IPBoards and Xenforo, and phpBB is the best out of all of the ones I have tried as well.

Return to “Internet Discussion”