Several new features have been added to the board, check the Announcements for more details!

Windows vs Mac || The Great Debate!

Discuss all different Software in this forum.

Topic Author
THCAndy
Level 7
Level 7

Windows vs Mac || The Great Debate!

Postby THCAndy » 20 Jan 2011, 20:19

So the never ending argument continues:
Windows or Mac?

In my opinion, I will always be a Windows. But they both have their pros and cons.

Well, what is your opinion?

Sublime Oz
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Windows vs Mac || The Great Debate!

Postby Sublime Oz » 22 Jan 2011, 19:03

I'm a windows user mainly because it is a lot cheaper, most programs are compatible with windows, it's just too easy to be a windows user xD

Trojan.exe
Level 2
Level 2

Postby Trojan.exe » 23 Jan 2011, 00:37

definitely a windows

God
Level 1
Level 1

Postby God » 23 Jan 2011, 11:30

lol no macs yet, I'm a Windows user
but my sister has a macbook

Topic Author
THCAndy
Level 7
Level 7

Postby THCAndy » 23 Jan 2011, 12:04

my sister has a macbook pro too.
it;s pretty smooth as far as performance but I wouldn't give up so many of the features Windows has.

giodog2000
Level 1
Level 1

Postby giodog2000 » 27 Jan 2011, 19:17

As a Mac user myself, I have to say I might never go back to PC. I've been on a PC for over 20 years so I know what it's like. Back in the days, A PC couldn't easily switch to a Mac. The environement was totally different and made it hard to get used to a MAc. Today , it is very easy to go from a PC to a MAc . In only a few days,you can know your way around on a MAc.

Don't forget , Mac OS X runs on the solid Unix platform, it's fast , light , and very very stable without mentionning POWERFUL. This means , in a nut shell, I can multi-task as much as I want without slowing down . Every software are made by apple so they all run together perfectly with no conflics between them unlike PC. Every software are made so that they do not afect the performance of an other one.

Of course you know that Macs do not have viruses. I do not need an anti-virus either because a Mac comes factory made with a protection system controled and updated by Apple. I do not even notice it and I do not need to run a scan or anything.

And let me add that everything you can run on a PC , I can run on my mac also , heck I can even run windows on my Mac on a partition if I want. And the graphics are simply beautiful.

I'm a Mac , and I love it!!!

Gio
Speak up! I can't hear you.....
http://www.forum-squad.com

Topic Author
THCAndy
Level 7
Level 7

Postby THCAndy » 27 Jan 2011, 20:39

giodog2000 wrote:As a Mac user myself, I have to say I might never go back to PC. I've been on a PC for over 20 years so I know what it's like. Back in the days, A PC couldn't easily switch to a Mac. The environement was totally different and made it hard to get used to a MAc. Today , it is very easy to go from a PC to a MAc . In only a few days,you can know your way around on a MAc.

Don't forget , Mac OS X runs on the solid Unix platform, it's fast , light , and very very stable without mentionning POWERFUL. This means , in a nut shell, I can multi-task as much as I want without slowing down . Every software are made by apple so they all run together perfectly with no conflics between them unlike PC. Every software are made so that they do not afect the performance of an other one.

Of course you know that Macs do not have viruses. I do not need an anti-virus either because a Mac comes factory made with a protection system controled and updated by Apple. I do not even notice it and I do not need to run a scan or anything.

And let me add that everything you can run on a PC , I can run on my mac also , heck I can even run windows on my Mac on a partition if I want. And the graphics are simply beautiful.

I'm a Mac , and I love it!!!

Gio

I think you just converted me. I want to try one now

Sublime Oz
Level 2
Level 2

Postby Sublime Oz » 29 Jan 2011, 09:53

Im a long time mac user. I have to agree completely with what gio said.
I was a windows user for 10 years before I moved to macs, and I never looked back

Cage
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Cage » 04 Feb 2011, 21:37

personally i like mac because i don't really have the time to mess with that anti-virus stuff, and it's not too complicated.

Topic Author
THCAndy
Level 7
Level 7

Postby THCAndy » 07 Feb 2011, 22:39

Yea, but the parts for macs are really expensive!

shovenose
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Tech Knowledge: Expert

Postby shovenose » 07 Feb 2011, 23:02

see my mac virus blog post:
http://integrated-web.blogspot.com/

i am thinking of making a comprehensive comparison chart between mac and pc...to put on my website.

Topic Author
THCAndy
Level 7
Level 7

Postby THCAndy » 07 Feb 2011, 23:21

I like your article. I think a lot of it is just an opinion, and people could argue forever about which OS is better.
I would also like to say that your blog is pretty neat. I look forward to seeing any guides if you decide to post them, that's for sure xD

shovenose
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Postby shovenose » 08 Feb 2011, 00:41

yeah, im probably more likely to post anything worth a lot on my psu forum, then just make a short blog post about it and link to it.

now, any mac vs. pc article is usually not more than opinion. however, most of the time when computer satisfaction surveys are made, apple always comes out on top because most mac users are propaganda-fed rich fanboys. (i mean that in the kindest way possible)...
then again, there are plenty of people who are better off using macs, and honestly i dont care if people have macs as long as it makes them happy and they dont come to me asking me why their .exe files wont open :)

shovenose
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Postby shovenose » 08 Feb 2011, 01:24

I have added a MAC vs. PC comparison table on my blog:
http://integrated-web.blogspot.com/

Connor
Level 3
Level 3

Postby Connor » 08 Feb 2011, 12:45

I am a windows user, and will be due to its simplicity (at most times) :P However, I have to say, Macs are beautiful :D

Topic Author
THCAndy
Level 7
Level 7

Postby THCAndy » 08 Feb 2011, 13:30

That's one thing I couldn't let go of with a Windows.... The ability to open .exes with ease.

TechAdam!
Level 1
Level 1

Postby TechAdam! » 14 Feb 2011, 19:00

I'm a PC but mainly because i get cheap parts, and apple really screws local repair shops because they are a pain to fix

giodog2000
Level 1
Level 1

Postby giodog2000 » 14 Feb 2011, 19:11

If you go on youtube , you can see alot of people fixing their Mac's themselves. Some of them even use aftermarket parts ( Hd , memory ) at a cheaper price than apple.

I think things have changed and people are still a little scared to buy mac because they hear about old stories that you can't fix stuff yourself .

My friend changed his HD himself for half the cost of apple's HD and works great....
Speak up! I can't hear you.....
http://www.forum-squad.com

slare
Level 3
Level 3

Postby slare » 14 Feb 2011, 19:18

I'm a windows users i don't like macs

giodog2000
Level 1
Level 1