Several new features have been added to the board, check the Announcements for more details!

Chrome Application Recommendations!

Discuss all different Technology in this forum.

Topic Author
THCAndy
Level 7
Level 7

Chrome Application Recommendations!

Postby THCAndy » 14 Feb 2011, 20:21

I plan to explore the Web Store of Google Chrome, and find all of the good apps, and review them in this thread! :D

I'll start out with CANABALT.

This game is very simple. The only control is 'x' or 'c', and that is to jump. Your only goal in this game is to go as far as you can in the stage. On the way you will face obstacles such as boxes, and objects that will slow you down, jumps that you may not make, falling buildings and more. All of this in an 8bit game... The music for this game is awesome in my opinion. It's good background music for browsing.

Onslaught! Arena

I haven't gotten very far in this game yet, but it seems to have a fun concept. It is an arcade style game, like Gauntlet, or Archon. Your goal is to complete the stages to beat bosses, and possibly upgrade your gear. I haven't really gotten far enough to tell yet.

wikiHow Survival Kit!

This is one of those apps that you have to have. You may not find use of it right now, but I guarantee that you will in the future. This has How-To's on everything from emergency vehicle problems, party fouls, self defense against humans, animals, and sea creatures, and more! There is even a little "Surprise Me" button so you can view a random article. If nothing else, this app is a good read in times of boredom.

This app is really neat. It's basically an instruction manual for web browsers. It explains cookies, cache, HTML, CCS, cloud computing, 3d in browsers, extensions, plug ins and more. It's a good read for people who may not know a lot about browsers, even I learned something from just a quick glance! Definitely a good read.

User
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Chrome Application Recommendations!

Postby User » 15 Feb 2011, 12:16

Nice Andy, I downloaded Onslaught and it's awesome. Ican't wait to see more!

Topic Author
THCAndy
Level 7
Level 7

Postby THCAndy » 17 Feb 2011, 11:49

added wikiHow app!

$12
Level 1
Level 1

Postby $12 » 21 Feb 2011, 10:36