These rules are disclosed to clarify the various responsibilities of all community members here on Tech-Squad. They shall be adhered to by everyone to ensure that our board runs smoothly and provides a fun and productive experience for all of our community members and visitors.
The goal of this Forum is to provide a place for open discussion on a number of topics.
The forum guidelines for posting are important and should be read and accepted before you choose to participate. The Management encourages contributors who are courteous, polite and respectful. We discourage those who choose to behave in a disrespectful and/or irresponsible manner. The Management and its staff of volunteer moderators will take appropriate steps to ensure discussions adhere to these guidelines.
In general, we will leave it to you, the community, to manage your own conduct. We ask that you treat other forum participants with respect. Please remember that this is a public venue read by many people of all ages, from around the world, spanning all walks of life.
If you have any questions regarding the appropriateness of a forum discussion post, you may discuss that with the author of the post. Cite the appropriate portion of the guidelines if necessary. You may also use the ˜report" icon found at the top of that post. This alerts a Forum moderator to look into that topic.
Forum moderators are generous volunteers that give up their time to help build a better community. Occasionally, our forum moderators will need to use their discretion to determine the best course of action. Management has entrusted these volunteers to do what is best for the global community, including regional communities, when appropriate. Volunteers assist with focusing topics of discussion and will gently enforce guidelines, as needed. They can edit/delete posts, move, close or delete topics, and temporarily moderate users posts. Our moderators are equipped with Kevlar flak jackets and an unlimited supply of admin bricks. Do not attempt to engage them in direct combat.
Discussion forums are moderated to preserve the spirit of an open, interactive discussion without offending participants. Please understand that we are not attempting to censor any messages or opinions. We (The Managers and the volunteer moderators) reserve the right to edit/remove inappropriate messages, or to lock a discussion thread. Before taking any of these actions, a moderator will attempt to steer the discussion back to the topic, if this is possible and appropriate. The additional step of editing or deleting a post will only be taken in appropriate circumstances. Again, the intent is not to censor legitimate discussion or to change the meaning of any post. If we edit your post and you do not like the changes, notify us and we can delete your post. Examples of posts that may be edited or deleted include those containing profanity, chain letters and other spam postings, or those that reveal private information about another community member. Other examples are included below. #
Here are some things to keep in mind when posting:
1. Forum courtesy: Please treat Management, its employees, volunteers, fellow community members, and guests on these boards with courtesy and respect. Whether a community member has one post or 5,000 posts, they should be treated fairly.
2. Foul language and obscene images will not be tolerated. This site is family-friendly. All forum posts must conform to a family-friendly standard and contributors must act accordingly.
3. Personal attacks and inflammatory behavior will not be tolerated. If you want to praise or criticize, give examples as to why it is good or bad. General attacks on a person or idea will not be tolerated.
4. Sock puppet accounts are not permitted. A sock puppet is an account made on an internet message board by a person who already has an account for the purpose of posting anonymously. Use your own account for posting personal opinions. Posts from known sock puppet accounts may be deleted and both the puppet and actual account may be banned from using these services.
5. Keep on topic: Responses to a particular thread should be on-topic and pertain to the discussion. Users should use the New Topic button to start a new discussion which would otherwise be off-topic in the current thread. Threads that veer off topic may be closed by a moderator.
6. Private discussions: Sometimes, a discussion thread strays off into a friendly dialogue or a heated debate among a very small number of users. For these exchanges, we ask that you please use the Private Message feature that is provided through the forums, or the tech-squad e-mail system. Public forum posts should be reserved for matters of interest to the general community.
7. Spam: Posting the same message, or an unsolicited commercial message, to one or many topics or boards is considered spam. Duplicate messages may be deleted or consolidated by our moderators. Please do your best to post new topics to the appropriate forum board. Moderators can take action when a thread should be moved to a more appropriate section.
8. Commerciality and postings with a larger agenda: It is our desire to maintain forums for the purpose of discussing a wide variety of interest but primarily focused on the Tech theme. As a result, we intend to limit forum discussions that promote a commercial, social, political or charitable agenda. Therefore, threads or posts perceived to have been made with the intent of promoting any of the above agendas will not be permitted. Please note that our Volunteer Forum Moderators are authorized to exercise their discretion in providing some reasonable latitude for forum discussion postings relating to local events and issues in local discussion forums. Notwithstanding the above, Management reserves the right to include or permit the inclusion of limited commercial content in this forum, in its sole discretion.
9. We generally do not allow surveys to be conducted using this forum. Special requests for permission to survey the forum members should be sent to us prior to publicizing the survey.
10. Personal classified advertising is not permitted at this time but may be included later, if you wish to advertise here PM an Administrator with the details.
11. Any messages you post in these discussion forums will remain available to the public for as long as this discussion board is online. Once you have posted your message, it will stay online. Please post carefully and with due consideration to the content of your post. We will not edit the content you wrote unless it does not conform to the forum guidelines. In the unlikely even that we do edit your post and you do not like the changes, we can delete the message at your request.
12. If someone has posted copyrighted material or otherwise illegal material, please notify a Forum Administrator or Moderator so that we may take appropriate action.
13. Abuse of this forum will be not be tolerated. Management reserves the right to suspend or delete any account which it believes is detrimental to the board or it's users in any way, and you may or may not receive prior warning.
14. Cyber Stalking is not and will not be permitted in any form. If we have reason to suspect you we will ban your account immediately and permanently, no questions asked. No one has the right to post here it is a privilege granted by us and your continued use of this board is at our sole discretion. #
- The goal of this Forum is to provide a place for open discussion on a number of topics.